Bestseller Office Complex
22000 m² commercial office and 24,000 m² delivery, parking and landscape
The office complex comprises a varied flotilla of buildings at different levels connected by a series of outdoor spaces, e.g. courtyards, terraces and roof gardens.
The mixture of office buildings and outdoor spaces creates the impression that this is a town within a town. The complex, surrounded by canals and lakes on all four sides, forms the entrance to the new, urban district on the waterfront in Aarhus, Denmark.
The complex houses about 800 workplaces, plus showrooms, an auditorium, video and film studios, a large canteen and shared facilities for fashion shows and conferences. There is a three-storey underground car park with space for 450 cars and about 400 bicycle racks.
The façades are designed on two design principles: Reliefs in light natural stone frame deep window niches in the parallel north and south façades. By way of contrast, the east and west façades are simple, transparent glass façades framed with natural stone.
The office complex will use sea-water cooling and solar heating and is planned as a low energy class 2015 building, i.e. energy consumption will be 50% lower than the minimum requirements stated in the building regulations.
C.F. Møller Landscape
- European Architecture Award, winner. 2017
- Natural Stone Prize (Naturstensprisen). 2016
- Winner Commercial WAN Award. 2015
- Aarhus Municipality Architecture Award. 2015
Energy and sustainability
|High performance thermal insulation|
|Photovoltaic cells / solar heating|
|Energy efficient design|
|Low energy windows|
|Low-energy standard (2015)|
- 2017 Archilab #1, p. 41-46
- 2017 mondoarc #98, p.52-58
- 2017 STEIN #6, p. 6-9
- 2017 INSIDE MODERN WORKSPACES, p.238-243
- 2016 Beton, #1, februar 2016, p. 12-13
- 2016 BYG #06, p.13-15
- 2016 Dagens Byggeri, #337, 11.03.16, p. 10
- 2016 LYS #02, p. 24-25
- 2016 AIT #4, p. 84-89
- 2016 C3 #382, p. 100-121
- 2016 ICON Magazine #153,
- 2016 INTERNI & Decor, June 2016, p. 264-277
- 2016 Kitiro Magazine #9, p. 96-101
- 2016 Tidskriften RUM, p. 139-150
- 2015 Byggeplads.dk, #4, 15, p.4-9
- 2015 Byggeri #5 2015, p. 10-17
- 2015 Byggeri + arkitektur, nov. 2015, p. 22-31
- 2015 NOTE #5, Fall 2015, p. 100-102
- 2015 Aarhus Havn, januar 2015 - RePORTagen of Aarhus, p. 8-9
- 2015 MARK magazine #59, p. 52-53
- 2015 Tasarim #255, p.20-22 & 112-117
- 2013 Beton # 1, p. 6
- 2010 Magasinet Ejendom, # 1 p. 28