Atelier and guest house
The new atelier wing extension to a private home has been carefully set in a coastal slope, and balanced with an adjacent new guest-wing. The new building and terrace become part of a sequence of steps and terraces, meandering down the slope. The atelier and guest-wing are clad with untreated larch slats, and the roofs, overlooked from the upper terraces, are planted with succulents, mosses and herbs.
The 3,5 m tall space has been designed with attention to views and daylight. The interior is clad in birch veneer panels, with coloured insets, and every wall becomes a composition of light and graphics in itself.
- Aarhus Municipality Architectural Prize. 2009
- 2013 Arkitektur, #2, 2013, p. 75
- 2010 Arkitktur DK #3, p. 14-19
- 2010 Arkitekternes egne boliger P. 250 - 269
- 2010 Villas of the world, p. 284-287