PEAB Sverige AB, MMF Event
1. prize in competition. 2006
Swedbank Stadium is a modern and elegant football stadium which focuses on providing a close relationship between the players and the public, to create the maximum experience.
The human scale comprises the primary point of departure for an architectural design which is readable and recognisable at various levels in the arena, foyer and exterior.
The stadium enjoys a central location in the Stadium Area, Malmö, immediately adjacent to the classic Malmö Stadium, built in 1958. Between the old and the new stadium, a connecting square is built: the Stadium Square. Overlooking the square is a restaurant with room for 2,000 sitting guests. The restaurant – like the shops, conference facilities, offices, etc. – is open all year round and functions like a new living-room for the citizens of Malmö. The stadium meets the criteria for a category 4 stadium under UEFA rules, and is the home ground of Malmö FC.
Sweco-Bloco, Byggteknik i Skåne, Strängbetong, Tyréns
C.F. Møller Architects
FOJAB arkitekter i Malmö
- European Steel Construction Prize. 2009
- Swedish Steel Construction Prize. 2009
- 1. prize in competition. 2006
- 2012 Architecture Report 2012 p. 132
- 2012 Forms and meanings, The World's latest top cultural architectures p. 180 - 187
- 2012 Public Construction p. 334 - 341
- 2011 1'ARCA - may 269 s. 90 - 93
- 2010 Interior Public space 2010 # 12 s. 148 - 151
- 2009 LANDSKAB, 07 2009 s. 164