Danish Poster Museum in The Old Town
Den Gamle by
Ingeniørfirmaet Viggo Madsen
C.F. Møller Architects
C.F. Møller Landscape
The Danish Poster Museum contains 800 m2 of exhibition space, partly in the new building, partly in a listed historic pavilion, by architect Anton Rosen, a relic from the National Exhibition in Aarhus in 1909. The new building is laid out as simple and elegant atelier spaces, lit by a generous skylight. The light, rendered interiors are suitable for varied exhibition purposes.
The museums collection comprise 400.000 posters from 126 different countries, all collected personally by the museum's director Peder Stougaard - undoubtedly the largest and broadest collection in the world.