Den Selvejende Institution Ejendommen Hospice Djursland
1900 m² and an 90 m² extension (orangery and garage) - 15 beds
1st prize in competition. 2006
In hospice design, the architect's finest task is to create surroundings which will provide the best possible conditions to promote quality of life, respect and a dignified death.
Hospice Djursland is first and foremost a building within a landscape. No matter where you go in the building - the reception area, the garden of the senses, the orangery, the atriums, the staff room, the lounge, the reflection room or the patient rooms - the beautiful landscape is always present.
We have aimed to create a very humane building; by which we mean a building which is not an institution, but rather a home which provides adequate physical and mental space for those who will live there in their final time, as well as for their relatives and the staff.
The common materials used are copper, oak and glass, which interact beautifully and naturally with the landscape and provide a sense of warmth in the rooms.
C.F. Møller Architects
C.F. Møller Landscape
- AADAIH-IFHE award for Architectural Quality in Healthcare buildings (new work under 5,000 m²) - 1st place. 2014
- Civic Trust Award. 2012
- 1st prize in competition. 2006
- 2017 AD #2, vol. 87, p.1,2,32-41
- 2017 Senior Community Landscape; Ifeng Space media, p. 68-77
- 2016 Care Invest #2, p.8-9
- 2016 Iranian Bimonthly on Architecture and Urban Design, feb-marts 2016, p .30-31
- 2016 Art of Many catalogue, The Danish Pavilion, Biennale Architettura, p. 138-139
- 2015 De Architect. oktober 2015, p.21
- 2015 Istanbul Art News #13, p.22-23
- 2015 A new golden age NORCIC architecture & landscape, p. 50-51
- 2014 Hospital Design + 1, p.140-153
- 2014 Restoratiivisen ympäristön suunnittelu, p. 105
- 2013 Senior Living, Architecture, p. 234-243
- 2013 Wall Elements Art Wall, p. 258-261
- 2012 Arquitectura & Madera #1, p. 42-49
- 2009 Arkitekten #13, p. 52
- 2009 db - Deutsche Bauzeitung #2, p. 36-41
- 2009 medAmbiente #4, p. 12-13
- 2009 Realdania - Penge til Huse, p. 196-197
- 2007 Byggeri #10, p. 55