1650 m² (450 m² workshops and 1200 m² GIS building)
Design architects: C.F. Møller Architects, Executive architects: Kærsgaard & Andersen
C.F. Møller Architects
The idea has been to give the technical enclosure of the station, placed in the open landscape, a distinct architectonic profile, and at the same time maximize the future flexibility.
The enclosure has therefore been designed as a series of modules, each module consisting of a lightweight shell with a slanted roof and a folded exterior surface which adds lateral stability. Arranged in series, the modules create a transparent gill-like envelope with triangular openings, letting ample daylight into the interior and allowing glimpses of the GIS units at the heart of the building
All this gives the design an unmistakeable and strong sculptural and facetted identity. With the progressing daylight, the folded surface creates an ever-changing play of shadows, altering its appearance all day and all year round.