Sundparken, Himmerland housing association, departments 19 & 22
Himmerland Boligforening (with support from Landsbyggefonden)
30700 m² after renovation, 366 units
C.F. Møller Architects
C.F. Møller Landscape
- Baffa Rivolta European Architecture Award, Mention. 2019
- UIA Friendly and Inclusive Spaces Awards, Special Mention. 2017
- Architecture of Necessity. 2016
- Civic Trust Award - Regional Finalist. 2016
- Premio RI.U.SO 05, Honourable Mention. 2016
- Aalborg Municipality Architecture Award. 2016
- Construction Project of the Year. 2015
Some homes are combined into larger flats, while others are being expanded upwards as modern, two-storey roof-top flats with open spaces and full-height glazing. The 1970s estate is thus transformed into a contemporary, family-friendly cluster of townhouses. Ground floor apartments are fully accessible life-time homes, featuring small private gardens and a carport. As part of the overall sustainability strategy, the new cladding and roof-top flats are designed as pre-fabricated units which are simply hoisted in place.
A shared activity building, which meets the strict requirements of the Danish low-energy class 2020, will be a natural gathering point for all of Himmerland Housing Association's residents in the area.