C.F. Møllers Hauptbüro, Europahaus
C.F. Møller Architects
HL Ejendomme (ejer)
- Aarhus Kommunes Architekturpreis. 2008
The tower was built in 1957, but in 2006 C.F. Møller Architects installed its new head offices in the top five floors of the building. On the roof, a new penthouse storey has been constructed containing a canteen, meeting facilities and a roof terrace. The superstructure is constructed of glass with a pre-patinated copper cladding, which refers to the public baths and, in particular, to the copper-clad spires of the Cathedral nearby.
The superstructure has been raised up to provide visual contact with the street, twelve storeys below. In this way, the terrace becomes a "presentation tray" for the finest urban features in Aarhus: the Aarhus River, the Cathedral and the old coastline.
The actual design studio occupies coherent open storeys, linked by a single long, sculptural stairway that passes through all the storeys.